Friday, August 15, 2014

a dreamy technicolor adventure in downtown l.a

This week I took a trip downtown to LA's art district while filming some behind the scenes footage. I love downtown to begin with, so the art district made me fall in love even more!
In between shots I caught myself analyzing the sights around me, from the rampant murals to eccentric buildings and nooks. 
Example A, this lovely buliding adorned with hearts hearts hearts & more hearts.
I played with colors, hues, and light leaks on the photos.

As I wandered about I spotted an art gallery and I decided to stop in for a look. I'd been walking around all day and I wanted to experience the art district for myself. 


In the gallery I found that there was an exhibit of illustrated Tinder profiles cradled by iphone cases, showcasing the interesting yet strange world of Tinder! They were pretty comical. One profile shows a womans cleavage and even a stripper. Ha. 


Such a good idea for an interesting little display isn't it? Very crafty. Very racy, i'm into it.


I spy boobs.


The gallery was full of a ton of other cool and exciting projects, including a community board of bad jokes and pick-up lines. It was fun and amusing to experience this strange gallery. I wish I'd took more photos! The arts district showed me a new part of Los Angeles that I'd never seen before. I felt awe inspired after the day was over, feeling like I'd experienced a new world.. 

-C

No comments :

Post a Comment