Sunday, August 31, 2014

An Artist You Need To Hear: Karen O.

Singer, songwriter and frontwoman of the Yeah Yeah Yeah's Karen O., is coming out with her first ever solo album called Crush Songs, on September 9th of 2014.
You may be familiar with O's work on the film Her (dir. Spike Jonze) a distinct and romantic tune, "The Moon Song". Or perhaps other works of hers such as the film score for Where The Wild Things Are (dir. Spike Jonze) as Karen O and The Kids. If you haven't given a listen to either of these, I suggest you do. Karen O's music is an experience in itself, her lo-fi ooh-ah recording style and poetic lyrics match her soft, light vocals.

To me, her songs are bright, soulful, magical miracles, peculiarity, sunsets, colored lights and slow dancing. Just give "Rapt" off her new album Crush Songs a listen and envision it for yourself.

enjoy, C



1 comment :

  1. I can't believe how long it's been since I have listened to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I'm glad she came out with a solo album. I know this is quite an old post, but I haven't heard it yet and have too asap. I love your music preferences(: X Paulina

    ReplyDelete