Friday, May 23, 2014

Cat: Daily Skincare Routine/ Everyday Makeup

It's been a long week for those of us with deadlines to meet and finals to finish. After this week, I can finally  relax without the need to cram until 3 in the morning. So since it's Thursday and  I have some spare time, I'd like to present to you my everyday skincare routine. I like to be natural and light on my skin, and still glowy and healthy looking.

Below are  the products that I use, listed chronologically.

blog

1. Clinique 7 Day Scrub

I use this to exfoliate my skin  and get my face clean and fresh. It makes my skin feel amazingly smooth and it's just wonderful.

2. Rosewater

Secondly, I use rosewater. OK, it may seem a bit odd at first. When I first saw my mom use it, I was appalled. You kind of just spray it on your face. Actually, not kind of, you spray it directly onto your face! You get used to it after awhile and it feels rejuvenating. Once you get the hang of it you'll feel like a goddess from an ancient time. Stressed? Whip out the rosewater. Need to wake up? Rosewater. Its lovely. Rosewater is a natural lotion, and not only does it moisturize your skin but it protects it too.

3. Virgin Olive Oil

What kind of weird stuff am I putting on my face, you might be wondering. This stuff works wonders. I use it as a lotion because I have extremely dry skin. It may not work for you if you have oily skin and the rosewater may be all you need as far as moisture goes. All you need is a tiny drop, rub it between your fingertips and spread it evenly on your face. Its so moisturizing and not too heavy. But !WARNING! don't use too much or you'll look like an oiled skillet!!! Which is cool too, if you're into that.

4. Sunscreen

My last and MOST DIRE, IMPORTANT STEP is SUNSCREEN. My #1 Golden Rule, apply sunscreen to your face everyday. It doesn't matter where you are or where you're going. The sun's rays are strong and REAL. SO PROTECT YOURSELF. I don't care where you are! I don't care if its the cloudiest, rainiest day! Keep your skin happy!!!

Seriously though, the sun can do some intense damage. I always try to invest in sunscreen that has an SPF of atleast 50. But any will work.

I finish up my routine by applying this blush called "The Secret's Out" by BareMinerals. I love all blushes, every single blush in the entire world. Give them all to me. Blush and lipstick are my favorite, and I'm pretty sure it's all I'm able to pull off. (Eye makeup looks horrible on me!) So i like to keep it simple. I love peachy and pink blush shades. Blush is like adding health to your skin, it really adds a healthy glow.

I like to apply it to the apples of my cheeks (smile when you apply it, it really helps!) and a little bit to my chin and tip of my nose!
blog2

I finish the look by moisturizing my lips and adding any lipstick that I have on hand. But usually I like to go by mood. If I'm feeling weird and daring I'll wear blue lipstick. If I feel lazy or just simple I'll apply any of the shades of red I own or a certain dark one if I'm feeling particularly "dark" that day. You might think all reds are the same but TRUST ME FRIEND, it matters.

I recently bought a new lipstick shown below called "Black Cherry" by Revlon. It's a rich shade of burgundy for a very pretty price.

blog3

Voila! I hope you enjoyed this and get to try it out.

You're now ready to be simple and fresh but still fierce!!!
blog4

- C

2 comments :

  1. Love it! I like how you use more natural stuff like rosewater & olive oil! Have you heard of the Oil Cleansing Method? You actually WASH your face with olive oil! (or any oil really)....& oops..I don't wear sunscreen *guilty face* but I DO plan on getting one! Do not worry! & Omg, eye makeup looks horrible on me too! It makes my eyes 10x more droopy and I look so weird haha. I LOVE red lipsticks too! It's actually the only makeup I will wear! <3

    ReplyDelete