Monday, May 12, 2014

Noise: Lykke Li



Lykke Li is a Swedish singer-songwriter who just recently moved to Los Angeles. She's one of my all time favorites, and her new album "I Never Learn" is absolutely STUNNING. Li's voice evokes so many emotions on many different levels, as the album is said to be about a failed relationship. You can definitely hear it and feel it within all the passion and heartbreak that she masterfully achieves. Her previous albums include "Wounded Rhymes" and her debut "Youth Novels" stemming from 2008. Evidently, Li has mastered her killer and absolutely soulful ballads with each gut wrenching song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkeQ4knCEB4

 

The song below is called "No Rest For The Wicked". Theres no doubting all the heart that Lykke poured into it. The song speaks lengths on emotions and heartache. Give the whole album a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh-0y8Qe0Sw

-C

5 comments :

  1. oh my golly, corrine you have the best taste in music

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank uuuuu! there is more to come :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are seriously the most effortlessly coolest 16 year old i have ever come across

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my bestfriend's name is Corinne. I am 19, and my first thought was, "I was never that cool at 16." Great blog BTW. I'm solely here to request a weekly or bi-weekly update on any new songs or favorite songs Corinne might have because I absolutely adore her taste in music.

    Thanks!

    Blake H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    One of my best friend's name is Corinne! :) she's Filipino. Anywho, I'm 19 and I immediately thought, "I wish I was this cool at 16." Great blog BTW. I'm solely here to request a frequent update of Corinne's music discoveries because I absolutely adore her taste in music. That is all.

    Thanks!

    Blake H.

    ReplyDelete