Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Summer Looks: The Parisian ft. midi skirts

Summer is in just a few months, for us over here in the Western Hemisphere that is. The sun is starting to heat up and give off its fiery fury, the beach is swamped with families and people dying for some cool water on their backs. To be quite frank, I'm one of those people who hate the sun and heat. I'm a vampire basically, during the summer you can find me hiding in the darkest shadows of my room wearing all black clothing covering every part of my skin... It's kinda funny, my dream place to live is somewhere frigid and rainy. Somehow, I've always felt that it's easy to tell a lot about a person by the type of weather they love.

BUUUT, since I probably will have to leave the house a few times to make it to museums or free music shows (the two best parts of summer besides getting milkshakes with friends), I will make the exception. Today I'll simultaneously give you a look at my favorite things to wear and tips on dressing like a chic French babe for the 100 degree weather. Because who doesn't love French babes????

parisian



The three outfits I've put together can all basically be interchanged. If you didn't know, I have an obsession with shoes. My favorite kind would have to be oxfords, but I threw in some ballet flats for those of you who aren't the oxford-type-of-wearing-people. The caption of the photo says "featuring leather shoes", but obviously it doesn't mean you have to buy leather shoes!

The first outfit is stereo-typically French.The combination of the color red and stripes is something so classic and in my opinion will never get old. They're two of my favorites. Don't be afraid of skirts that go below the knee folks, trust me. These particular skirts listed above all are just below the knee, so they aren't an awkward length, they're the perfect length in my eyes. I won't say that they're "classy" per say, (I don't like that term very much), but they definitely are very classic and graceful. I threw off the bright red midi skirt with a dusty-sea foam colored pair of oxfords.

The second outfit is very simple. The tops aren't necessarily crop tops but I favor crop tops a lot when pairing them with high waisted skirts like these. It just depends on what you like, so feel free to change them out. The black and white needed some color, so I added pink oxfords, but don't hesitate to go insane with colors. Bright yellow or cobalt blue shoes would look trés cool with this combination.

Lastly, the third outfit involves a dusty pink longsleeve, black midi skirt and basic ballet flats. Simple.

look at all the ways you can sport a midi skirt!!!

Screen shot 2014-05-06 at 7.26.43 PM

disclaimer: the photos listed above are not mine and were found via Google Images.

Midi skirts are very simple but entirely lovely and perfect for summer or frolicking in daisy fields. At the very least, fashion is all about personal freedom and expression. So make it yours!!! Make your own rules and wear what makes you feel good.

au revoir for now, - C

 

1 comment :