Thursday, May 8, 2014

DIY: Inexpensive Last Minute Birthday Gift Idea

2

If your wallet is filled with things other than money such as random gift cards and spare change, then you're a lot like me. Chances are you don't have a ton of money to spend on a gift! But, there's a secret to perfect, affordable, and thoughtful presents.

Birthday's are probably my favorite things to celebrate. I love putting together trinkets and little miscellaneous things to create a thoughtful masterpiece. The best gifts are made of the simplest things.

The key things to remember when gift giving: 1. you don't have to spend tons of money, 2. go for what the person likes or is interested in, and 3: make it thoughtful! (But a little glitter doesn't hurt either...)


Today is one of my good friend's birthday and I didn't have anything prepared. As I scrambled to find some money and head out the door, I remembered she had mentiond something in the past that she had been wanting. If your friends or family members talk about something they've been swooning over, here's your chance to woo them and make them super happy! My friend Jessica told me she'd been wanting a pair of heart shaped sunglasses for the longest time. I jumped on the opportunity to get them for her. Even though they're so simple, I knew she would love them.

5

When putting together a gift, always include something that you know the person will love. Particularly, it's best to go for something that sparks their interest. If you don't quite know the person well enough, throw in some sour candy (everyone loves sour patch kids, right?) and a personalized card! They're bound to love it.

For Jessica, I bought her a bunch of her favorite candies, a lei (for her love of Luau's), heart shaped shades, and a personalized card (there's glitter inside, of course.)

3

1

Be creative and have fun with it. Know that you don't have to spend loads of money on something extravagent. Put together something thoughtful and they're bound to love it! Add a little ribbon or bow to your wrapped gift and watch your friend's face when they swoon at the hand crafted perfection.

 

Au Revoir 4 now - C

4 comments :

  1. Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your
    site? My blog site is in the exact same area of interest as
    yours and my visitors would truly benefit from some of the information you provide here.

    Please let me know if this ok with you. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, absolutely, and thank you for crediting our blog. - J

    ReplyDelete
  3. and snacks are always a win! unless.. they are trying to lose weight. :P

    ReplyDelete